Energy Saving Products - Top 10 Easy Energy Saving Devices
A range of modern energy saving devices now exists for virtually all Seattle home appliances and electrical equipment. The more energy efficient products you use the more you will save on your energy bills.
Looking to reduce your carbon footprint? We all love energy-saving and water-saving products that make a sustainable lifestyle much easier - and energy saving devices are a great way to save energy around the home.
So, if you're looking for some inspiration on how to become a more energy efficient citizen, below is a list of my favourite top 10 energy saving devices. Using these, you'll soon reap the rewards of cheaper Seattle electric bills.
1. Solar chargerThis simple energy saving device uses the energy from the sun to charge your electrical gadgets such as IPods, Digital Cameras, PDAs and usually any device that has a USB port. Left in a sunny spot in the morning, the batteries in the charger will be fully charged by early afternoon ready to charge up your gadgets.
2. Electricity MonitorAn electricity usage monitor shows you how much electricity you use, how much the electricity costs, and how much carbon dioxide emissions you are contributing to the environment. You can use this information to reduce your electricity consumption and save around 25% on your electricity bill. Modern wireless versions are also now available for even greater convenience.
3. Night LightsNight lights are an energy efficient way of keeping your kids happy at night time. They can run 24 hours a day for 365 days a year for under a dollar. Modern versions emit a cool blue green electro-luminescent light, perfect for night lighting in bedrooms, hallways and corridors. I bet you didn't even know such an energy saving device existed.
4. Energy saving light bulbsA fantastic energy saving device, energy saving light bulbs are now cheaper than ever. In most homes, lighting accounts for around 10-15 per cent of an electricity bill. Traditional light bulbs waste a lot of their energy by turning it into heat. Each energy saving bulb can save you $15 a year. They also last, on average, up to 12 times longer than ordinary light bulbs.
5. Water saving spoutSave up to 70% of your usual water consumption with an automatic, touch-free auto spout which simply attaches on to your existing tap. The infrared sensors mean you just move your hands under the spout to activate the water-flow, making it a hygienic eco-friendly alternative to a conventional tap.
6. Creative showerheadThese are shower heads with a 'twist'. Basically you can now buy water saving shower heads which simply attach to your existing fitting, conserving water and energy without sacrificing pressure. These amazing showerheads can make water savings of between 30 and 70%. The shower head technology uses less water but the flow feels the same as it accelerates, energises and oxygenates the water.
7. Eco KettleIt is estimated that, on average, we boil twice the volume of water needed every time, which means twice as much energy. An eco kettle accurately measures the amount of water to be boiled using an internal reservoir which holds a full capacity of water ready for use, while the measuring button allows the necessary quantity to be released into a separate chamber for boiling. The result is exactly the right amount of water every time. Another great energy saving device.
8. Toilet Water SaverThese devices consist of a plastic bag which sits in the toilet cistern conserving about 3 litres of water each time a toilet is flushed. When the toilet is flushed, the water confined in the bag is saved. If you find the bag impairs the flushing, you can usually cut off one of the bottom corners of the bag to make more space in the cistern. This saves approximately 33% of water used in a toilet, and 10% of total water used in a house.
9. Energy Saving PlugThis is a great energy saving device. Plug your PC into the master socket and extensions into the side plugs, and when your PC is switched off or on 'standby' the power will automatically be shut down to the extensions as well. Average annual electrical savings including the savings from speakers, and printer equal around 84KWh.
10. The Intelligent Mains Plug Panel:This fantastic energy saving device remembers to be eco-conscious even when you forget. Specifically made for desktop computers, it automatically switches power to connected peripherals off, when the computer is on stand by or has been turned off completely.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Ed_W